I’m the kind of teacher (and mom) that has all the things all the time. What can I say, I like to be prepared. When it comes to summer, whether I’m in the classroom or at home with my girl, I’m always on the go – this means that all of the stuff needs to go with me! I’ve got the cutest tote bag to help me with that summer organization, here’s what I’m keeping in it:
*This list includes affiliate links*
- Sunscreen – I’m constantly forgetting to put this on before we leave!
- Turkish towel – These are so light that they’re easy to carry around, and I’ve used them for so many different things (picnic blankets, wraps on chilly days, to wipe sand off before we get in the car…)
- Umbrella – Our summer weather is unpredictable and a rain shower can pop up anytime, I prefer to stay dry! If possible I like an umbrella with a sleeve that I can pop it in – it doesn’t snag on things in my bag as much, and if I need to put in back in my bag while it’s still wet, the sleeve helps a little.
- Hand sanitizer – This seems like a no-brainer, but seriously. In the summer we touch so many more random things (petting zoo animals, all the hand railings, park equipment…), I feel like I never have enough hand sanitizer!
- Kids Dramamine – I wouldn’t keep this in my teacher bag, but it’s a must for the mom bag! We do so many day trips that I never leave home without it.
- Gum – This one’s really for me, but sometimes you just need some gum (although there’s a good chance that this might never get used because I’ll forget that I have it).
- Bug Bands – I’m not sold on whether these truly work or not BUT they’re so much easier than actual bug spray – easier to carry around, less fumes in your face, and no residue on your skin. I’m of the opinion that they must be better than nothing, and when we’re fighting mosquitoes I’ll take whatever I can get.
- Re-useable straw – You never know when you might need a straw, so having one of these little guys can be a life-saver!
- Mini Wet Brush – Wind, rain, and water play all mean tangled hair – and that can be a pain when you’re running from one activity to another. This has come in handy more times than I can count.
- Wipes – We might be long past the baby wipes stage, but I’ll forever have a package of these with me for cleaning up muddy feet, sticky ice cream faces, and dorito fingers.
My bag was a TJMaxx score that I added some chenille letter patches to, but this one is a close amazon find in the same price range. I’ve got even more summer organization tips coming this week, so make sure to check in on Wednesday!