One of my goals for this summer is to find new lunches that my picky eater will be happy about – we’re making small, slow gains. One of the ways that I’m doing this is with weekly picnic lunches. Packing meals and heading to a park gives us something to look forward to and a way for me to squeeze in new foods where there isn’t another option, so she has to at least try it. I’ve got a list going of meals that we’re testing, so I thought I’d share – these are specific to my own child’s preferences, but they might give you some ideas to start with!
- Variations on peanut butter sandwiches (PB & banana, PB & potato chips, PB& marshmallow fluff, etc.)
- Homemade lunchables (pepperoni, cheese slices, and crackers)
- New or different fruits
- Yogurt parfaits
- Bagels with different toppings
- Different varieties of pasta salad
- Tortilla roll-ups (ham and cheese, pizza, peanut butter, etc.)
- Raw veggies and dips
- Hawaiian roll sandwiches
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Waffles or pancakes with toppings
- Graham cracker sandwiches
These are all favorites that allow small introductions of new ingredients! We pack them in our Sistema lunch containers (affiliate link) for easy access and clean up. I’d love additional ideas – feel free to share your favorites in the comments!