On Monday I shared some tips for planning a trunk or treat event. This has been on my mind because I’m currently trying to pull together decorations for my daughter’s school trunk or treat. Have you ever searched trunk or treat ideas on Pinterest?! People get elaborate! That is not my vibe, I’m all about using materials I already have or can get from the Dollar Tree. The photo above was last year’s effort, every single thing was from my house – I fully went with the witchy coffee shop look so I could use the pillow and ottoman from my daughter’s playroom. Here are some other super simple trunk or treat ideas that I’ve used in the past, in case you’re looking for a quick and easy option.
- Mummy – wrap some white crepe paper streamers (or even toilet paper!) back and forth across your trunk and add some construction paper eyeballs.
- Spiderweb – grab a fake spiderweb from the dollar store and throw in some plastic spider rings.
- Fall harvest – borrow a couple of straw bales, potted mums, and pumpkins from your front porch decor.
- Fairy – Hang crepe paper streamers and scatter some dollar store fairy wings.
- Team spirit – choose your favorite sports team and gather items that you already have (blankets, coolers, a football, pom poms, etc.).
- Movie characters – Is your child obsessed with a certain movie or show? Use their toys to make this work.
- Christmas – Who says you have to stick to a Halloween theme?! Grab some Christmas decorations out of storage and put on a Santa hat.
This year my daughter requested a princess trunk. So far I’ve picked up a couple of pink tablecloths from the Dollar Tree and some star-shaped paper plates to hang. I’m planning to bring some of her princess dolls and call it a day. She’ll be happy and I’ll be less stressed!