Even if you aren’t planning an Easter party, it’s always fun to add a little excitement to your day with a special snack. I love to make snack mix with preschoolers for a couple of reasons:
- None of the ingredients have to be measured or cooked, just dump it all in a great big bowl and stir it up!
- It is really easy for families to help bring in supplies because they only have to get a bag of this or a box of that. You aren’t asking for a ton of stuff and they don’t have to sort or seperate any of it.
The other really great thing about snack mixes is that you can make them work for nearly any holiday or even just by adding some specific colored items or seasonally shaped treats. Plus, you can decide how healthy (or not healthy) you want your snack mix to be.
Here are some ideas for an Easter Bunny Trail Mix. Pick your favorites to create your own recipe:
- Chex Cereal
- Bunny shaped graham crackers
- Cheddar bunny crackers
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Yogurt covered raisins
- Jelly beans
- White mini marshmallows
- Colored mini marshmallows
- Bunny shaped marshmallows
- Chocolate Easter candies
And too sweeten it all up you could always drizzle melted chocolate or white chocolate over the entire mixture – the combinations that you could create are endless!